[buckminster-dev] Re: dynamic update side based on buckminster model

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
You've mentioned in Orbit's news group that Buckminster can potentially be used to build an extension to update manager in order to materialized plugins from external sources (e.g. maven repositories at ibiblio or apache).

Is it something that could happens or was just crazy idea that won't be implemented?
It's definitely feasible and also something that I think Buckminster should include.
I am just looking to some simple way to make 3rd party jars available to some technology projects hosted at Eclipse and make possible for them to provide some update mechanisms for the end users.
I can't give you any promises about when we can include this feature. One thing that could speed things up a bit is if we could muster more resources into the Buckminster project. I promise to do my best go guide you (or anyone else who'd like to contribute) along should you have a go at implementing this.
Currently I can only commit to help testing this and share some basic requirements. Unfortunately won't have time to do any development work.

 regards,
 Eugene

Back to the top