Re: [buckminster-dev] About CCB Implementation in Buckminster

Sharma, Jaikumar wrote:

Thanks Thomas for updating me on this. Seems great.

As other open source projects for building the projects, for instance
Maven. Is buckminster is extentable in addition to the core
functionality ? For example, by hooking-in the plugin or so ?

Yes, and no.
We use the OSGi plugin framework stipulated by Eclipse. Maven has it's own plugin-framwork. Maven also has a lot of functionality that has very little to do with materialization and build. It enables you to manage full web-site targeted at open source development with mailing-lists and all.

Buckmister focuses merely on the materialization and building aspect and we try to be very generic and allow multiple ways of describing components. Maven is one way of doing it and we support their POM's, just as we support Eclipse plugins, features, and fragments. Maven introduces a repository style and we support that too through a specific type of reader. We have other readers for other types of repositories.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top