[buckminster-dev] Java Compiler

Some parts of Buckminster (the jars containing contributed ant tasks) are compiled using Ant today. Those tasks will fail when only a JRE is installed (i.e. no JDK) since the ant javac task doesn't find the compiler. Eclipse provides a great compiler and it would not be hard to make that the default.

If I understand correctly, the only thing we need to do is to supply the 'compiler.build' property with a setting of 'org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter' and make sure it's on the ant internal classpath prior to calling our ant builder.

By doing this by default we would remove the need for an installed JDK in order to build. Any objections?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top