Re: [bpmn2-modeler-dev] BPMN2-Modeler_import model

Dear Ralph

Thank you for your response

Best regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

BPMN2-Modeler is based on XML. So I think you need to write a converter which translates your JSON format in the corresponding XML format.
BPMN2-Modeler also adds layout information to a plain BPMN file. This layout information will be computed automatically when you open a bpmn file without layout information the first time. Note that the formal description of a BPMN file and the layout information are two separate things. You can test this easily if you remove the layout part ( <bpmndi:BPMNDiagram> ) from an existing bpmn file and open this file with teh BPMN2-Modeler.
So if you are able to translate your JSON file into a valid BPMN file you could implement your own Eclipse Plugin which automatically converts the files when opened in the Eclipse IDE.

best regards
Ralph