[bpmn-user] Re: [stp-dev] BPMN-Modeler Customization Questions

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Andrea Zoppello <andrea.zoppello@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I've some question about customization i want to do on BPMN Editor.

I know annotations are powerful, but in some case i need other way to improve
the editor usability.

In particular:

1) I need to have some form of Palette Customization, i need to defined some predefined type of task,
and when i drop that type of task on the editor this should automatically configure an annotaion on that task.

For example, i need to define a "Human Task", and when i put this on the editor i want that type of information should be stored
on the bpmn model. Is that possible???
You can add your own tool to the palette by overriding the default factory.

See here on how to hook your own palette factory:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP/BPMN_Component/Samples#Hiding_palette_elements

Once you have the factory at hand, you can create your own ToolEntry.

2) Is it possible to do something when an element is dropped from the palette to the editor?? For example i would like
to open a dialog when a particular bpmn activity is dropped on the editor

See my answer to 1. If you have your hook, anything is possible.

3) When an activity is on a particular swimlane!! Is it possible to get the lane belong to the activity from the api of bpmn model
with something like:

activity.getLane()
 That works AFAIK.

PS: Please send questions re: BPMN to bpmn-user, or send to the newsgroup.
PPS: Did you get my message about your company's quote, and do you guys want to be listed here: http://www.eclipse.org/bpmn/integrators.php ?

Back to the top