Re: [bpel-dev] Simplify expression editors?

On 06/01/2012 08:14 AM, Vincent Zurczak wrote:
Hi,

Le 31/05/2012 14:59, Francesco Guidieri a écrit :
We successfully managed to embed an Xtext based StyledText (please
note, NOT an Xtext editor) which relies on a XtextSourceViewer, so
that you can have error markers, syntax highlighting and code
completion in a text widget embedded in the property view of the Bpel
designer.

That's great.

Glad you liked it :)

Now, if the extension points to embedd an Expression language text
widget (NOT an editor anymore) were put back in bpel designer one
could extend the details property view with custom text widget for his
own languages. We think that the old extensions could be adapted in
order to deal NOT with editors, but with text widgets.

I agree. Configuring source viewers is much better than creating a real
editor.
What you did is really helpful.

I will try to update the extension-point by using what you have done.
However, I will probably wait for Juno's release before doing it. We are
already to RC2 and I don't want to break the agregation of all the
Eclipse projects.
Hopefully, I should have some time in July to work on it.

can we start trying to do something ourselves about that? We can start with the previous extension point mechanism, is it still there somewhere?

cheers
	Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net