Re: [bpel-dev] Simplify expression editors?

Hi,

I changed my mind, again.
I got back to my first idea, that is to say, rely on the XPath editor. But we must definitely drop the idea of embedding editors in a composite. This is a dead end. It is not intended for that.
To avoid spending too much time on it, I used a styled text with the XPath source viewer configuration. It means we won't have auto-completion and so on for the moment. But we have syntax highlighting, which is a poor first step.

As a user (I'm using this tool too), this is not good at all.
However, it should be possible to add context assistance in a second step. The reason why I can't do it right now is that it requires to refactor the XPath editor and externalize some internal classes (and I don't have time for this).
In a more general matter, I think all the XPath stuff should be externalized in a distinct plugin. It is not the first time I use the XPath source configuration, it goes beyond the scope of BPEL.

Then, we could have an extensibility mechanism based on source viewer configurations instead of editors.
I have no idea how this would impact XText editors.
I will push it in a distinct branch this afternoon.

          Vincent.