Re: [bpel-dev] Is there any useful documents for me to learn about the detail of bpel designer?

Thank you! Vincent.

It's nearly the same feature that I want to add. It will do a great help!

于 2012/2/29 22:49, Vincent Zurczak 写道:
Hello,

There is a documentation in the BPEL plug-ins, but it is intended for users and not for developers.
However, I recently replied to a similar question. It was about adding a drag'n'drop feature to the designer.

In a RCP application I'm working on, we embed the Eclipse BPEL Designer.
We have a service view and we added a drag'n'drop feature. We drag a service from the view and when we drop it on the diagram, its creates a partner link, makes the right imports and create an invoke markup. The thing is not perfect, but the main use cases work fine. Maybe it can help you. [1]

For the moment, we register a drop target listener at startup. See [2].
And here is the code of the drop target listener. [3] It shows how to create BPEL elements from a WSDL file (somehow equivalent to the method you would like to have).

Notice that we plan to add an extension-point to register new drop target listeners. This way, the startup workaround will not be needed anymore.
In fact, I hope to find some time to change the UI and review the way people create BPEL processes (let's call it "ergonomy gain").

I hope this helps.

[ 0 ] : http://doc.petalslink.com/display/petalsstudio12/Getting+familiar+with+the+Petals+Services+view
[ 1 ] : http://doc.petalslink.com/display/petalsstudio12/Editing+a+BPEL+process#EditingaBPELprocess-ShortcuttocreatePetalsinvocations
[ 2 ] : https://github.com/petalslink/petals-studio/blob/master/plugins/com.ebmwebsourcing.petals.services.bpel/src-designer/com/ebmwebsourcing/petals/services/bpel/designer/Startup.java
[ 3 ] : https://github.com/petalslink/petals-studio/blob/master/plugins/com.ebmwebsourcing.petals.services.bpel/src-designer/com/ebmwebsourcing/petals/services/bpel/designer/dnd/PetalsDropTargetListener.java

The planned extension-point was requested in our bugzilla.
I did not find time to work on recent bugs, I am too busy for the moment. But the indications I gave you above should help you to move forward.
The starting point is the creation of a drop target listener and to register it within the BPEL Designer.

Regards,

                 Vincent.