Re: [bpel-dev] Upgrade in the BPEL creation wizard

Hi again Vincent,

Your question about GIT process is a good one, and one that I'm not prepared to answer ;) But, it seems that GIT is all about branches (the more the better, apparently) and each bug fix should be done in its own branch. And, SOMEbody is ultimately responsible for merging the branches back into master...and that SOMEbody seems to be the project manager, which <sigh> is me :( So...go ahead and push your branch to git.eclipse.org and I will merge these changes into master.

[Somebody please remind me again why GIT is better than svn...?  :'( ]

________________________
Robert ("Bob") Brodt
Senior Software Engineer
JBoss by Red Hat

Hi,

Last spam for tonight, I promise. So, for history, I used to work on a custom version of the BPEL Designer (where I fixed some bugs and added few features).
And I would like to move back to the current designer by reverting my upgrades (and making new contributions too). That was my intent when I became a committer on this project.

One of the first things I would like to contribute is about the creation of a BPEL process.
For the moment, we always start from a template. And I would like to support two new approaches:
  • First, be able to generate a BPEL skeleton from a WSDL file. That would be a top-down approach, which is quite useful sometimes.
  • And then, we may also start from an existing BPEL. In that case, the creation wizard imports the BPEL with all its dependencies (WSDL and XML schemas) in the project.
Notice that the last one may also be done with an import wizard.
There are some screenshots of these features on this page [0]. Adding this would mean updating the creation wizard. It would also be the occasion of writing some tests with SWT Bot for it.

I would like to known what you think about these (first) additions (I mean, do you agree with these additions).
And how do we proceed? Since we use Git, the best way may be to create a branch on Eclipse.org. The question would then be who is in charge of reviewing the branch and doing the merge. Or do we commit directly on the master? The question is more about how we work together.

Regards,

                 Vincent.

[ 0 ] : http://doc.petalslink.com/display/petalsstudio12/Creating+a+BPEL+project

--