Re: [bpel-dev] BPEL designer Extension

Hi Neto,

I'm working on updating the extension samples to include variable references (in SimpleSampleActivity) and variable declarations (SimpleStructuredActivity). This will include property sheets. Should be done before the end of this week - I'll let you know when it's ready...

Robert ("Bob") Brodt
Senior Software Engineer, JBoss Riftsaw
JBoss by Red Hat

Hi all,

I'm starting to develop a BPEL designer extension. The article about the Extensions is great, as well as the examples in the repository. My extension now can deal with new internal activities and primitive type attributes. However, I'm facing many problems to make relationships with other BPEL elements (for instance, my new element has a relationship with Variable). I could implement the serialization and the de-serialization of them (I think, I didn't test), however, the UI able to choose a variable is really hard to develop. I could see that this feature for Invoke (inputVariable and outputVariable), reply, onMessage, etc. is done by the class InvokeVariableSection.I spent 2 days trying to understand how this class works, but unfortunately, I was not able.

Somebody knows another BPEL designer extension where I could see more examples of how to implement extensions for BPEL designer?

Thanks in advance,
Neto