Re: [bpel-dev] Beautify XML for extension activities

Hi Bob,

I added the InvokePipeletSerializer, the use case for InvokeServiceSerializer is the same. The new method DOMUtils#appendIndented just puts the nessecary whitespaces around the new element, depending on the indention of the previous / parent element.

The problem occurs when adding a pipelet to the pipeline. Up to now the result looked like:

        <bpel:extensionActivity>
            <proc:invokePipelet name="InvokePipelet"><proc:pipelet class=""></proc:pipelet><proc:variables input="request" output="request"></proc:variables><proc:PipeletConfiguration></proc:PipeletConfiguration></proc:invokePipelet>
        </bpel:extensionActivity>

As I have no knowledge of the indention of "<bpel:extensionActivity>", the new result with indention applied is:

         <bpel:extensionActivity>
            <proc:invokePipelet name="InvokePipelet">
    <proc:pipelet class=""></proc:pipelet>
    <proc:variables input="request" output="request"></proc:variables>
    <proc:PipeletConfiguration></proc:PipeletConfiguration>
</proc:invokePipelet>
        </bpel:extensionActivity>

Further more: Even if I would know the indention, I couldn't add these whitespaces around "invokePipelet" as the BPELWriter expects no whitespaces before the <proc:invokePipelet> element. I could remove these whitespaces before returning, but that would be a workaround, especially as the need of just one element in the result is not documented in the BPELActivitySerializer.

So my request is to add the whitespaces of the current indention to the document fragment before calling BPELActivitySerializer#marshall (that way I get knowledge of the indention) and ignore these whitespaces afterwards.

Thanks,
Tobias Liefke