Re: [bpel-dev] The design tool different from OASIS specification for BPEL2.0

On Nov 24, 2009, at 10:17 AM, Simon D Moser <SMOSER@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Joni,

In any XML document, the "context node" is the root node of the document,
e.g. the <schema> element in a XML Schema (XSD), the <definition> element
in a WSDL or the <process> element in a BPEL file.
Now a BPEL variable points either to a XSD element, an XSD Type Definition
or a WSDL message - in other words, it points only to a specific "fragment"
of the referenced XML document.
Thus, when you have an xpath expression, you can only access that portion
(because the bpel engine only knows about the {type, element or message},
but not the "context node" of the whole document.
The Xpath processor at runtime can only access that portion, thus you
cannot use location paths that point outside of the "known" fragment -
using a $varName notation sets up the valid context, but restricts the
processing to that particular XML subtree.
[whereas in "pure" Xpath, you could use a "/" notation to select the root
node of the whole document etc.]

HTH

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Simon Daniel Moser

Team Lead BPEL Editor - Websphere Integration Developer (WID)
IBM Software Group, Application and Integration Middleware Software
Business Process Solutions Development 1

 Phone:            +49-7031-16-4304           IBM Deutschland                      (Embedded
                                                                                 image moved
                                                                                    to file:
                                                                               pic17971.gif)

 Fax:              +49-7031-16-4890           Schoenaicher Str. 220

 E-Mail:           smoser@xxxxxxxxxx          71032 Boeblingen

                                              Germany

 IBM Deutschland
 Research &
 Development
 GmbH /
 Vorsitzender des
 Aufsichtsrats:
 Martin Jetter
 Geschäftsführung:
 Dirk Wittkopp
 Sitz der
 Gesellschaft:
 Böblingen /
 Registergericht:
 Amtsgericht
 Stuttgart, HRB
 243294

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
 |Joni Lee <webcokies@xxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                                    |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
 |"BPEL Designer project developer discussions." <bpel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                             |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
 |11/24/2009 04:45 PM                                                                                                                               |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
 |Re: [bpel-dev] The design tool different from OASIS specification for   BPEL2.0                                                                   |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Sent by:   |
|------------>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
 |bpel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                      |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi Michael,

Thank you many times, you save me from the wrong way. Since you are a master, would you
please give me a light on this following rule under 8.2.4:

"When XPath 1.0 is used as an expression language in WS-BPEL there is no context node
available. Therefore the legal values of the XPath Expr (
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#NT-Expr) production must be restricted in order to prevent
access to the context node.
Specifically, the "LocationPath" (http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#NT-LocationPath)
production rule of "PathExpr" (http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#NT-PathExpr) production rule
MUST NOT be used when XPath is used as an expression language."

--> but why we can use:
<from>$variable.part/a/b/c</from>???
What is the restriction of XPath under 8.2.4? Although I google all the time. But I
haven't really understand it yet.

Thank you again.
and have a nice day