Re: [bpel-dev] Parsing BPEL+WSDL specifications

Hi Damien,

Damien Thivolle wrote:
> Then there is also the problem of the presence of partnerLinkTypes
> definitions in WSDL files included by BPEL definitions. I do not think
> that the WSDL parser from WST understands partnerLinkType definitions so
> I am basically looking for the best off the shelf solution that would
> allow me to get a syntax tree (that includes WSDL definitions) from a
> BPEL process definition.
>
> I will now take a look at the ODE BPEL compiler.

I'm afraid that ODE's BPEL compiler is also not exactly what you're
looking for. The compiler consists of three parts, the BPEL object model
into which the BPEL file is parsed, OModel, which is the compiled model,
the AST if you wish, and the compiler itself. The BOM is comparable to
the EMF model, it abstracts from various BPEL versions but is not aware
of any references to WSDL elements. It is then being translated into the
OModel. This is most probably close to what you need as all schema
types, partner links, variables, etc are being resolved during the
compilation step. The issue you may run into is that the compiler also
performs some optimization steps. For instance all receive activities
are translated into picks with one onMessage element, the implicit scope
of invoke activities is made explicit etc. So the OModel is slightly
different to the original model. If that's not suitable, then you'd need
to rewrite the compiler, which is not that straight-forward.

HTH,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de