Re: [bpel-dev] Re:GSOC project ideas

Hi Saminda,

Thanks for the idea. It seems a good idea to me. I think what you meant was providing some functionality similar to JUnit for testing BPEL processes. This requires the designer of the BPEL process to be aware of the expected outputs from the process for specific test cases. So this requires on the part of the test case designer, some degree of understanding about the responses returned from partner web services for a particular test case as well, if I'm not mistaken.

A little issue that came up to me was, supposing that we only have WSDLs of respective partner web services, determining the nature of the partner web service reponse for a specific test case scenario can be tricky since we may not know internal logic provided by the service. So for that I think we should have a set of responses collected from the respective partner web service for the expected outmessage to be sent by the process for the provided process test input, beforehand. Then we base our assertions on actual returned web service reponse with pre-collected web service response.

I don't know whether I made myself clear enough on this. But I'm eargerly looking forward to hear about any suggestions, enhancements on this idea or other interesting project ideas.

Best Regards,
Chamith Buddhika