Re: [bpel-dev] separating core and view functionality in BPELEditor (was: RE: Our Dom Facading Knowlegde)

Vitaly,

It looks reasonable as a first pass.

-m

Tishkov, Vitaly V wrote:
Hello,

I tried to separate the "core" and "view" functionality of BPELEditor. The "core" functionality is for model loading, "common" events handling (like outline page selections, etc.), while "view" functionality is a set of fields/methods specific to displaying/editing graphical representation of BPEL files.

Please flick through the list below and let me know if there are big mistakes there. I'm sure that the list will have to be revised during refactoring itself but I need to understand if I'm generally correct before starting any code changes. (Simon and I think that this will be done in a separate branch though).

"V" before a field/method name means that it's from "view" functionality and should stay in BPELEditor.
"C" means that this is from core functionality and should be moved out of BPELEditor. Most of it will appear in BPELMultiPageEditorPart (it's a sub-class of org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart which is designed for creating multi-tab editors; see http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/bpel-dev/msg00417.html for some more details).

Thanks,
	Vitaly.

C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.process
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.editModelClient
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.modelListenerAdapter
ะก org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.editorAdapter
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.transferBuffer
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.extensionsResource
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.extensionMap
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.modelAutoUndoRecorder
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.fileChangeListener
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.outlinePage
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.keyHandler

These might be different for graphical and text parts, not ?
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.selectionChangeListener
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.traySelectionChangeListener
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.lastSelectedEditPart
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.adaptingSelectionProvider
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.weakMultiViewerSelectionProvider
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.filteredEditPartSelectionProvider
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.dropTarget
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.dropTargetListener
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.postBuildRefactoringListener
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.switchEntry
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.flowEntry
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.sequenceEntry
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.controlCategory
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.appendNewActions
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.insertNewActions
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.changeTypeActions
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.currentPropertySheetPage
? org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.contributorID
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.commandFramework
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.BPELEditor()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.BPELEditorAdapter
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getBPELEditor(ResourceSet)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getEditModelClient()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getResourceSet()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getResource()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getModelAutoUndoRecorder()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getTransferBuffer()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getAppendNewActions()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getInsertNewActions()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getChangeTypeActions()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.OutlinePage
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.configureGraphicalViewer()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.createBPELPaletteEntries(PaletteContainer)
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.createTopControlPaletteEntries(PaletteRoot)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.dispose()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.doRevertToSaved(IProgressMonitor)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.doSave(IProgressMonitor)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.isSaveAsAllowed()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.doSaveAs()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.performSaveAs()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.createPaletteRoot()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.gotoMarker(IMarker)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.gotoMarker(IMarker, EObject)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.showPropertiesView()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.isDirty()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getExtensionMap()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.initializeGraphicalViewer()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.arrangeEditParts(GraphicalViewer)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.initializeFileChangeListener()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.commandStackChanged(EventObject)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getKeyHandler()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getEditorKeyHandler()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getAdapter(Class)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.createBPELTabbedPropertySheetPage()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.replaceSelectionAction(ActionRegistry, IAction)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.createActions()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.createPaletteDependentActions()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.makeSelectionActionBPELOnlyEP(IAction)
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.makeSelectionActionBPELOnly(IAction)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getProcess()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getCommandStack()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.setAutoFlowLayout(boolean)
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getAutoFlowLayout()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.createBottomControlPaletteEntries(PaletteContainer)
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.createGraphicalViewer(Composite)
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.hookGraphicalViewer()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.setGraphicalViewer(GraphicalViewer)
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.createPaletteViewer(Composite)
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.refreshGraphicalViewer()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.selectModelObject(Object)
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getSelection()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getAdaptingSelectionProvider()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getMultiViewerSelectionProvider()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getFilteredEditPartSelectionProvider()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getGraphicalViewer()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.refreshHoverHelp(EObject)
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.initializeRefactoringListeners()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.createPartControl(Composite)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getFileInput()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.init(IEditorSite, IEditorInput)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.loadModel()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.loadModelWithoutEditModel()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getCommandFramework()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getActionRegistry()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.initializeTrayViewer()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.registerViewer(EditPartViewer)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.modelDeleted(ResourceInfo)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.modelDirtyStateChanged(ResourceInfo)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.modelLocationChanged(ResourceInfo, IFile)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.modelReloaded(ResourceInfo)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.updateInputFile(IPath)
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.updateTitle()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.removeUnusedExtensions()
C org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getArtifactsDefinition()
V org.eclipse.bpel.ui.BPELEditor.getPaletteAdditionsContributorId()