From: bpel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bpel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Michal Chmielewski
Sent: 21 December 2006 04:19
To: BPEL Designer project developer discussions.
Subject: [bpel-dev] Build problems.

I was trying to do the build to put on the update site and have run into
some weird dependency problems that do not seem to manifest themselves
until you actually try to install from the update site onto a virgin
version of eclipse.

It's all pointing to the org.eclipse.bpel.runtimes as being the problem ....

The feature project now includes the 5 plugins (common.model, common.ui,
ui, model, runtimes).

I'd like to build this feature so that it includes all the necessary
dependent features and plugins. This is so the update site can be
pointed to by a
virgin eclipse sdk and everything will install and run.

Trouble is that I have to specify the features to be included in the
BPEL feature by hand. So I put GEF, EMF, WST, JEM, and JST. I build it
and it tells me that Some JST feature is missing a emf.xsd.sdo feature.
So I added it. At this point the build seems to include all the
necessary parts to have a virgin copy of eclipse populated with the
missing plugins. Is this not automated anywhere ?

Also, in some of our plugins (most notably the runtimes one), there is
an option in the plugin editor to find unused dependencies. Problem is
that the dependencies it finds "not used" are actually used in the code.
What gives ?

I am gonna try and shake off this voodoo experience and pick this up
tomorrow. Yikes.

--
Michal Chmielewski, CMTS, Oracle Corp,
W:650-506-5952 / M:408-209-9321

"Manuals ?! What manuals ? Son, it's Unix, you just gotta know."