RE: [bpel-dev] Linux and Milestone Update?

Some of the org.eclipse.bpel plug-ins don’t seem to get picked up when deployed in plugins/ on a Linux Eclipse driver (on SuSE). Checked out from cvs and exported. Thought it might have to do with line endings or so, but that’s not it. It’s quite possible that I am just missing something (and your success on OS X seems to suggest that), but cannot spend more time on this at the moment.

-- Bruno

From: Michal Chmielewski [mailto:michal.chmielewski@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 02 August 2006 01:51
To: B.Wassermann; BPEL Designer project developer discussions.
Subject: Re: [bpel-dev] Linux and Milestone Update?

Bruno Wassermann wrote:

Hi,

Two quick questions:

- Is anyone aware of any problems when deploying BPEL Designer on a Linux
eclipse driver? Having trouble deploying plug-ins on Linux even though works
nicely on Windows.

I have tried installing the 0.0.1 build on MacOS  NeXt  .... and it did run OK.

There is nothing in here that ought not to run on Linux. What type of problems are you having ?

- I need to provide some feature roadmap for an internal release. The
deployment stuff, I hope, will be ready in the next 2, 3 weeks. What about
other features (file browser, validation.......)? Are we still following the
milestone plan just with a delay of X weeks? And in that case, how much is X
right now?

We really need to do a call when James comes back from vacation to sync up.  X is certainly a multiple of weeks now ...

The big things seriously behind are validation and debugger based on the milestones. The rest is getting some visibility from resource that I am aware off.

Thanks,

-- Bruno

Bruno Wassermann

Research Fellow

University College London      Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 0369 (Direct Dial)
Dept. of Computer Science      Fax: +44 (0)20 7387 1397
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT                http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/B.Wassermann
United Kingdom