Re: [bpel-dev] Adding

Hi Andreas,

Something that might work is adding extra (GEF) layers to the ProcessEditPart. You probably don't need (or want) to modify the BPEL model. This could potentially all be done by using GEF.

Currently there is no extension point to plug anything else other than activities to the diagram but I can see layers as one thing that people might want to extend. For now you might be able to prototype by modifying the existing edit parts and in the future we could discuss adding extension points to acommodate these use cases.

Rodrigo

Andreas Bacher <ab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/25/2006 12:01 AM

Please respond to
"BPEL Designer project developer discussions." <bpel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"BPEL Designer project developer discussions." <bpel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [bpel-dev] Adding

James Moody wrote:

> With that background out of the way (apologies if you already know the
> above...), what you're really asking for is a way to modify the way that
> ProcessEditPart works such that (a) it appears to have extra children,
> and (b) draws and lays itself out differently. It might be helpful for
> me to understand exactly what these objects are that you're trying to
> add - what I'm getting at is whether you're really trying to add new
> model extensions to the process, or whether you simply want to have new
> figures and graphical behaviour on the canvas - one doesn't necessarily
> imply the other.

The first goal is to be able to draw up a behavioral interface for the
BPEL process, that is to simply add partners of the process to the view
and draw links between activities in the process and the partners.

It is not planned to actually edit the process model (in this first
step) but rather model this beh. interface externally and (in a second
step) make necessary changes to the process to support the intentions of
the process modeler.

So the first step is simply visual, drawing boxes (partners) and arrows
(links).

Regards,
Andreas