From: bpel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bpel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Michal Chmielewski
Sent: 20 July 2006 21:56
To: BPEL Designer project developer discussions.
Subject: [bpel-dev] Imports

In creating automagic imports after partnerLinkTypes had been browsed or
types had been browsed, I am struggling a little in deciding how to
write the location attribute of the BPEL import statement.

1) When imports are for resources in the same project, then it could be
relative, and most importantly relative to the project.
2) Absolute imports (from http:// or file:/ urls) are OK as well.
3) How to deal with cross project imports ? There are cases where two
projects are mapped physically to different directories let's say and so
the resource view is just coincidentally rooted at the workspace level.

It would appear to me that any runtime engines and deployment mechanisms
would not necessarily know about the resource mappings of Eclipse. The
only bridge between the design world would be the deployment mechanism
(the server component). So, I see that it can do its deployables to it's
own liking from the source. Should I just assume that it will do modify
the imports then, prior to deployment, or should we do some work at this
level ?

--
Michal Chmielewski, CMST, Oracle Corp,
W:650-506-5952 / M:408-209-9321

"Manuals ?! What manuals ? Son, it's Unix, you just gotta know."