Re: [bpel-dev] Status of Extension Point mechanism?

> Hi Andreas,
>
> We still have a fair bit of design and refactoring to do to get the
> extension point mechanism to where we want it. However, even as
> things currently are, you should be able to create new palette
> additions using the extension points. Did you see the doc here:
> http://www.eclipse.org/bpel/developers/extension_points.html ? It
> demonstrates how to use the palette (among other extension points).
>
> james

As i have stated in my original post, i tried to add my additions
(extending BPELCreationToolEntry, as described in the mentioned
document, which i knew beforehand). A new category in the palette is
created at the bottom, but the ToolEntries are not added, the category
stays empty. The constructor of the classes which implement the
ToolEntries are never being called in my case.

Did i miss anything?

That's how my plugin.xml looks like:

<extension point="org.eclipse.bpel.common.ui.paletteAdditions">
  <additions targetEditor="org.eclipse.bpel.ui.bpeleditor">
    <addition category="myplugin.category"
              class="myplugin.ui.MyToolEntry">
    </addition>
  </additions>
</extension>

With MyToolEntry extends BPELCreationToolEntry.

Where does the call to the constructor of MyToolEntry happen?

Andreas

Back to the top