Re: [bpel-dev] Offer of donation of WS-BPEL implementation to assist project development

Title: Re: [bpel-dev] Offer of donation of WS-BPEL implementation to assist project development

Hi James. One thought that I'd like to explore: assuming we can make progress on the latter approach you mention (i.e., the friendly licence for the Eclipse project to use), have you thought about packaging of the final plugin or the development repository itself and how jBPM-BPEL might work there? Obviously as part of our donation effort the jBPM-BPEL product would be provided in source code and binary format. The source code would be maintained on our site, but that doesn't preclude anyone from contributing to its development, as I outlined in my original email. However, although the BPEL project could get the binary manually from the same location, it may make more sense for the project to have a copy of said binary within its CVS repository. I'm not sure how that works with other Eclipse projects (maybe some third-party lib directory?) At least that way whenever anyone checks out the project, either to use it or develop it, they'll get everything they need in a single click.

What do you (and others) think? If there's interest to explore this avenue, we could look at how JBoss (and the jBPM development process) could feed directly into the Eclipse project whenever a new update occurs (either directly, or by emailing/notifying the forum/developers).

Mark.