RE: [bpel-dev] Rutime Extension Point Requirements

Hi Bruno, James,

great idea to reuse webtools server capabilities. I have not much insight into the webtools platform but I believe if you want to contribute a new server type you need (among other things) to provide an implementation of a class called ServerDelegate.
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/wst/api/org/eclipse/wst/server/core/model/ServerDelegate.html

Just as a thought : We could introduce a more specific class called for example BPELServerDelegate which defines abstract methods to handle BPEL related stuff like deployment. Contributers could then use the server type extension and implement BPELServerDelegate in order to contribute a new Server with a BPEL engine. The BPEL designer could than use the Webtools framework to get a list of all defined servers and filter out the BPEL servers for different purposes.

However, the webtools guys probably have more insight :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
- Philipp Tiedt
_____________________________________
Software Engineer II4BPEL
Information Management
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Schoenaicher Str. 220, 71032 Boeblingen
Phone: +49 (0) 7031-16-2786

Mail: philipp_tiedt@xxxxxxxxxx
Blog: http://philipptiedt.blogspot.com

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision"           -- Ayn Rand

Bruno Wassermann <B.Wassermann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

23.03.2006 10:25

Please respond to
"B.Wassermann" and "BPEL Designer project developer discussions."

"'BPEL Designer project developer discussions.'" <bpel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [bpel-dev] Rutime Extension Point Requirements

Hi James,

It would be great, if you could reuse some of their code for this purpose. I’ll have a look and let you know what I think.

Thanks,

-- Bruno