Re: [bpel-dev] Process WSDL Interface

Hi James,

one comment: In case the role myRole of a partner link is not used in any
inbound activity, BPEL does not forbid that, the process interface is NOT
the union of all port types from partner links which have a "myRole"
specified. Maybe we should better say: A process' interface is the union of
all port types used in all inbound activities in the process. Do you agree?

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

       Thomas Schulze

             James Moody
             <James_Moody@ca.i
             bm.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "BPEL Designer project developer
             bpel-dev-bounces@         discussions."
             eclipse.org               <bpel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             15.03.2006 16:20                                      Subject
                                       Re: [bpel-dev] Process WSDL
                                       Interface
             Please respond to
              "BPEL Designer
             project developer
               discussions."

bpel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/15/2006 10:04:27 AM:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a quick technical question. My runtime extension code will need to
> get hold of the process WSDL interface. I am not sure how the editor is
> going to handle this.
>
> Will there be a 'New BPEL Process' wizard that captures the process WSDL
> interface and makes it available (and information about it, such as
> location, tns) or would my code have to search all partners of the
process
> for one defined on a WSDL with matching tns (process.tns = wsdl.tns)?

Hi Bruno,

First of all, there is no one single port type which can be called the
"interface" to the process. A process' interface is the union of all port
types from partner links which have a "myRole" specified. (Now, one could
say that the port type corresponding to the partner link to which the
"initial activity" (e.g. receive or pick) is attached is special in some
way).

Basically, we envision a new process wizard that will allow one of two
paths:
        1. User specifies an existing WSDL port type, and we use that port
type to create a partner link (and plt), and create an initial receive (and
reply, if it's a req/resp operation) attached to that partner link.
        2. User says "create me a new WSDL port type". We create a new wsdl
file with a port type with one operation, as well as a plt, and a bpel
process with a receive and reply and partner link which is attached to the
port type we just created.

I don't think there is any necessary relationship betwen the tns of the
process and the tns of the wsdl - they are orthogonal - they can be the
same, or not. The import statements in the bpel file will clearly specify
the location of the referenced wsdl files.

I hope this answers your questions.

bpel-dev mailing list
bpel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx