[bpel-dev] Show more details

Hi,

One of the concerns I heard about the BPEL designer is that there is not enough information displayed in the canvas of the editor.

http://philipptiedt.blogspot.com/2006/02/quick-view-on-bpel-designer.html#links

Looking at other visual editors (e.g. Class diagramm editor) you will find more details displayed in the figures which gives you a more detailed insight. I was just wondering if this could be of any value for the BPEL editor as well.
I could imagine having the partner of an invoke activity displayed in the figure as well as displaying the interface for recieve and reply. Propbably this would be customizable, so the user could decide which details they actually want  to see and which should be hidden. Any more ideas? Is anything planed like that?

Regards,
-philipp

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
- Philipp Tiedt
Software Engineer II4BPEL
Information Management
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Schoenaicher Str. 220, 71032 Boeblingen
Phone: +49 (0) 7031-16-2786

Mail: philipp_tiedt@xxxxxxxxxx
Blog: http://philipptiedt.blogspot.com

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision"           -- Ayn Rand

Back to the top