Re: [blinki-dev] browser tooling

Hi Jacek,

Our top priority is porting our webkit browser from Eclipse 3.4 to 3.5 and then releasing it as an OSS contribution sometime next week. With E3.4 we were required to branch SWT in a few places in order to introduce a new browser implementation for SWT along side IE and FF. Following this release we plan to create a WebKit browser type for the platform that users can set at the platform level in their preferences. Then we will fill in some of the api gaps we have with the swt browser. Along the way we will provide suggestions for improvement to the platform team for the swt browser framework.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacek Pospychala" <jacek.p@xxxxxxxx>
To: <blinki-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 5:14 AM
Subject: [blinki-dev] browser tooling

hello Blinki devs,

I'm coming from Eclipse Ajax Tooling Framework project (ATF), which builds developer tooling on top of Mozilla browser (aka XULRunner). I enjoyed reading your creation proposal and I see we could work together on some topics.

At ATF we have a couple of features, such as javascript debugger, DOM inspector, CSS styles inspector, browser console. They're working now, however we're more interested in having quality browser support rather than sticking to XULRunner or other particular engine, so I would be happy to have a common browser support UI that can talk to Mozilla or WebKit or other browsers.

What are your priorities now? What are you working on at the moment?

Jacek