[birt-report-engine-dev] BIRT real-time template creation

I'm developing an application using Java (JSP) and BIRT. I'm just discovering the potential of BIRT and I'm a rookie. I wasn't able to find in BIRT a feature I really need for this project. So, the question is... is it possible in BIRT to create real-time template reports with real data? I will try to explain it better... In my project I should give the user the chance to generate a set of predefined reports based on data in a DB... but as an additional requirement, the application should be able to allow the user to draw is own template and use it to generate reports with the data in the DB. Is it possible to do it with BIRT?? Is it offering such real time GUI experience? If not, could you advise me another product (also commercial) that is having this feature??
    Thks
    Bye
    Maurizio

--
The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Back to the top