[birt-report-engine-dev] Exception When connecting to Database using BIRT 2_0_1

I use BIRT 2_0_1.
I have created a sample java project in eclipse 3.1.
Then i have tried the test.rptdesign file execution for exporting it to HTML format. I worked.
The code I executed was:
/*****
 config = new EngineConfig();
 config.setEngineHome(engHome);
 rpEng = new ReportEngine(config);

 // Read the ReportDesign and Create the RteportDocument
 IReportRunnable report = rpEng.openReportDesign(repPath + fileName + ".rptdesign");
 IRunAndRenderTask runTsk = rpEng.createRunAndRenderTask(report);

 HTMLRenderContext renderContext = new HTMLRenderContext();
 renderContext.setBaseURL("http://192.168.1.3/");
 HashMap contextMap = new HashMap();
 contextMap.put(EngineConstants.APPCONTEXT_HTML_RENDER_CONTEXT , renderContext);
 runTsk.setAppContext(contextMap);

 HTMLRenderOption htmlOptions = new HTMLRenderOption();
 htmlOptions.setOutputFileName(repPath + "pages.html");
 htmlOptions.setOutputFormat(optFormat);
 runTsk.setRenderOption(htmlOptions);

 runTsk.run();
 runTsk.close();
****/

My problem is, I tried a different file that is created using BIRT2_0_1 plugin for eclipse. I previewed it there and it worked fine.
Then I copied that file to my project and tried to export. But it throws the following exception.....

org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.ExtensionLoader logExtenstionException
SEVERE: Message:The extension point [org.eclipse.birt.report.model.reportItemModel] is not found. Error code:EXTENSION_POINT_NOT_FOUND
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The extension with ID 'org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc' is not found!
 at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.extension.oda.ODAManifestUtil.getDataSourceExtension (ODAManifestUtil.java:51)

What is the problem....?

--
Arvi.

Back to the top