[birt-report-engine-dev] Re : PERFORMANCE

Hi,
that is my code :
ByteArrayOutputStream outStream = null;
IReportRunnable design = engine.openReportDesign(reportPhysicalPath); IRunAndRenderTask task = engine.createRunAndRenderTask(design); setReportParameterValues(task, design, paramValueList); RenderOptionBase options = new RenderOptionBase();
       outStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
       options.setOutputStream(outStream);
       options.setOutputFormat("pdf");
       task.setRenderOption(options);
       task.run();
       outStream.close();
      byte [] bytes = null;
       if ( outStream != null)
           bytes = outStream.toByteArray();
return bytes;

Then, I send the bytes to HTTPResponse in order to  display the report.

My request to db :

select it.id, it.available, it.at, it.destination, d.id AS dvdId, d.title
from item it INNER JOIN item_information it_i
ON (it.item_info_fk = it_i.id)
INNER JOIN dvd d ON (d.item_info_fk = it_i.id)
where (it.machine_fk = ?)

I add 3 columns in order to calculate how much there is DVD group by their titles (in the table to show : available, in transit, and rented)

table : group -> name : groupage key expression : row["title"]
In the head on group I have 4 expression (for each title):
   - Total.sum(row["dvdAvailable"])
   - Total.sum(row["dvdRented"])
   - Total.sum(row["dvdMoving"])
- Total.sum(row["dvdAvailable"])+Total.sum(row["dvdRented"])+Total.sum(row["dvdMoving"])

And in footer of the table there are the same expression for all dvd.

I take runtime-2.0.1, jboss 4.0.2. Is runtime_RC3 better ?

So sorry if my english is bad

Back to the top