RE: [birt-report-designer-dev] OdaDataSetHandle ref for existing.rptdesign template

The BIRT apis do seem to have a big learning curve, It's frustrating that
they are still being fundamentally changed it seem; we were disappointed to
find after purchasing the 2 BIRT addison wesley books 2 weeks ago, the
examples given around this functionality are already out of date with BIRT
2.2.

So now I have:

EngineConfig config = new EngineConfig();
config.setBIRTHome("birt-runtime-2_2_2/ReportEngine");
Platform.startup(config);
IReportEngineFactory factory = (IReportEngineFactory)
Platform.createFactoryObject(IReportEngineFactory.EXTENSION_REPORT_ENGINE_FACTORY)
IReportEngine engine = factory.createReportEngine(config)
IReportRunnable design =
engine.openReportDesign('reports/myreport.rptdesign')
ReportDesignHandle report = (ReportDesignHandle) design.getDesignHandle();
DataSourceHandle dso = report.findDataSet('TestSet') // your suggestion

this gives:

Unexpected exception: Cannot cast object
'org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.OdaDataSetHandle@1108727' with class
'org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.OdaDataSetHandle' to class
'org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.DataSourceHandle

Any help appreciated.