From: birt-report-designer-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:birt-report-designer-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom
Corcoran
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:22 PM
To: birt-report-designer-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [birt-report-designer-dev] OdaDataSetHandle ref for
existing.rptdesign template

Starting with a .rptdesign template I am looking to manipulate this at
runtime to run against a number of databases.

http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.birt/msg20490.html
outlines doing
OdaDataSetHandle dsHandle = designFactory.newOdaDataSet( "ds",

"org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JdbcSelectDataSet" );
I could then point odaURL to the new database, using:
		dsHandle.setProperty( "odaURL",
"jdbc:classicmodels:sampledb" );

My question is how can I get an instance of OdaDataSetHandle for
existing
.rptdesign rather than create a new one?