From: birt-report-designer-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:birt-report-designer-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kranti Parisa
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:21 PM
To: For developers on the BIRT Report Designer project
Subject: Re: [birt-report-designer-dev] GeneratereportfromStoredProcedure/Function

Hi,

So that means BIRT can take Java Object may be an ArrayList of Hashmaps or simple ArrayList and generate report?

Regards

Kranti

On 4/10/07, Lin Zhu <lzhu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

For your mentioned problem, we may seek for the help of SQL.

Say, you have two tables,

Trans: Date, Unit

Price: Date1, Date2, Price

Select Unit, Price from Trans, Price where Trans.Date between Price.Date1 and Price.Date2

However, SQL cannot always consume all your business logic, and these may bring you the report maintaining problem (to keep Sql consistent with business logic). Using _javascript_ might be a solution in this case. As BIRT support script data set, you can define a script data set that fetch rows from a java object, and in that java object you fetch data from store procedure using JDBC.

If you can update to BIRT 2.2, then you will be saved from writing all these stuff J

Thanks.

Lin