Re: [birt-pmc] Updated BIRT 2.1 Project Plan

A few comments:

- The App Server reference platform lists Tomcat 4.1.x and 5.5.x.  It doesn't include 5.0.x.  Why include the V4 version but not the V5.0 family?  Also, I believe that V5.5 requires the JRE V5.0 which conflicts with J2SE V1.4.2 listed elsewhere.  While you don't have to support all V5.0.x versions, at least 5.0.28 should be there.  You could probably similarly restrict the V4.1.x to 4.1.31, which is the one available on the tomcat website.  I would be hesitant to require J2SE V5, as I'd guess that there is still a lot of 1.4.2 out there.

- Under "Support Enhanced ODA Framework", does this imply that you support an externally supplied Connection? If so, this is a big feature that makes connection pooling possible. Am I reading this wrong?

        Mike

"Krishna Venkatraman" <kvenkatraman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: birt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/28/2006 11:21 PM

Please respond to
"BIRT PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <birt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<birt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[birt-pmc] Updated BIRT 2.1 Project Plan

Please review the attached BIRT 2.1 project plan and provide me feedback
by COB tomorrow - Wednesday. The plan is to post the plan on to eclipse.org
thursday morning. If there are updates after that we can incorporate these
individually.

Thanks!

Krishna[attachment "Project_plan_R2_1.html" deleted by Michael Fox/Lexington/IBM] [attachment "new.gif" deleted by Michael Fox/Lexington/IBM]