From: birt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:birt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sheldon Lee-Loy
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:25 AM
To: BIRT PMC communications (including coordination, announcements, and Group discussions)
Subject: RE: [birt-pmc] Initial Draft of BIRT 2.1 plan

For supported BIRT Browsers I would  also like to see Mozilla Firefox 1.5.   Firefox 1.5 contains native SVG support.   Since the BIRT chart engine supports SVG rendering BIRT should be tested with Firefox 1.5.

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Sheldon Lee-Loy

Michael Fox <foxm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: birt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/31/2006 09:00 AM

Please respond to
"BIRT PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)"

"BIRT PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <birt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

RE: [birt-pmc] Initial Draft of BIRT 2.1 plan

This looks good to me.  I haven't reviewed the list of bugzilla entries to be resolved in this release yet, so I'll try to get to that.

In general, I'll probably be most interested in these areas:

- The work needed to get BIRT accepted into IBM products.  Cheng-Yee Lin has reviewed the necessary work with us.  He is the main driver on this one, though I'll be supporting him. His product will ship before mine, so I'm letting him deal with the bureaucracy here:-)

- Data access, as a continuation of the work done in 2.0.  The Context Object support has nicely solved my problem, thanks!

- Scaling Up and Enterprise Ready -  I want to get into more detail on this, but I need to understand the work done in 2.0 first.   Jason, I'll probably call you with some questions soon.

- This won't be for 2.1, but I'm likely going to have some requests in the design time and runtime charting support. I've talked briefly to Sheldon Lee-Loy about this already.  As my ideas firm up, I'll let you know.

       Mike

"Krishna Venkatraman" <kvenkatraman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: birt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/30/2006 11:23 PM

Please respond to
"BIRT PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <birt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"BIRT PMC communications (including coordination, announcements,  and Group discussions)" <birt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

RE: [birt-pmc] Initial Draft of BIRT 2.1 plan

Attached is a later rev of the draft BIRT 2.1 plan. I've removed the release deliverables pending the outcome of the project to improve the end user download and install experience. If there is no more feedback, I'd like to request Jason to post this on to the eclipse.org/birt site and to archive the older project plans tomorrow, Tuesday.

Thanks!

Krishna Venkatraman
Product Management
Actuate Corp