From:   Scott Rosenbaum [mailto:scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Wed Aug 24 15:18:46 2005
To:     birt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        [birt-pmc] CVS Location for Examples

All,

Jason and I have been discussing the best way to build and support BIRT
Examples.  I would like to be able to put the examples into CVS as
projects.  At the current time, all of the plugin and component code
exists in a top level directory named source.

I was wondering if we could add a new top level directory named examples
and then give Jason and I the ability to add new projects there?  In
terms of the packages that go in there, I would propose that we would
name the projects in a fashion that makes them distinct from the core
source projects.  All of the source projects start with
org.eclipse.birt...

If we create a new series of projects do we need to use the
org.eclipse.birt as a prefix for the project name or can we use some
other project names, i.e. birt.examples....  We probably should also
have a standard way of naming the packages within the projects.

Your thoughts would be helpful.

Finally, once we reach agreement on naming and structure, what is the
process that we go through to make this happen?

Scott