[birt-pmc] getting close to release BIRT 1.0

Title: getting close to release BIRT 1.0

Fellow PMC members,

The 0601 build looks good.  If there is no showstopper found in this build, I think we are ready to call it the 1.0 release.   What do you think?

For next week's meeting, I have a couple of topics....

1.  New committers nomination.  Can we confirm the process:  Is it each project lead who can nominate new committers for a vote, or any existing committers can nominate new committers?

2.  Building community for BIRT1.0.   How shall we drive adoption of BIRT 1.0 and attract more contributors?

3. Release 1.0.1 plan.

4. Update of BIRT web site.   Paul R. has revamped the web site with a lot of cool new features for community interaction.   How shall we promote the usage of these new features among the committers and the community?

Any other topics?

Thanks

Wenfeng Li
PMC Lead
Eclipse Business Intelligence & Reporting Tools Project
<http://www.eclipse.org/birt/>
Tel: 650-837-2222

Back to the top