[birt-news] BIRT_HOME location

Hi all,
I want to create a BIRT reportEngine programmatically from a java
program in eclipse. (more specifically, its an eclipse plugin).
All the BIRT plugins are properly loaded etc, and i can launch the
birt report designer by running the app.

What is the value of BIRT_HOME in this case? I am not using the birt
runtime directly, rather i am using the birt plugins themselves.

Here is the code i am using to start up birt:

IReportEngine engine=null;
EngineConfig config = new EngineConfig;
config.setBIRTHome("../ReportEngineProject");
try{
Platform.startup( config );
IReportEngineFactory factory = (IReportEngineFactory)
Platform.createFactoryObject(
IReportEngineFactory.EXTENSION_REPORT_ENGINE_FACTO RY);

engine = factory.createReportEngine( config );

} catch ( Exception ex){
ex.printStackTrace();
}
</code>

Basically what i want to do is to open a design template from within
the program and emit it.

Thanks a lot!

Back to the top