[birt-news] problem with Euro symbol

Dear All,

I'm having problems to get displayed the euro symbol (€) on PDF reports
generated on the server side, with reports designs stored in a database
table, while the same symbol gets displayed nicely on the design session
... I have checked the contents of the database and they seems to be
exactly the "same" as the off-line files: if I dump the contents of such
a (database inhabiting) design into a file and open it with the designer
the € symbol get displayed fine when rendering it to PDF. Moreover if I
serve the original files from the WEB server the symbol get also
"replaced" with something else... I'm testing this on windows XP and
using birt 2.2.1... I'm launching the report with a code similar to:

IRunAndRenderTask renderTask = engine.createRunAndRenderTask(design);
RenderOption opcRend;
if ("pdf".equals(fmt)) {
PDFRenderOption opc = new PDFRenderOption();
opc.setOutputFormat("pdf");
opcRend = opc;
}
renderTask.setRenderOption(opcRend);
renderTask.run();

I have tried several options like:

opc.setOption(PDFRenderOption.PDF_FONT_SUBSTITUTION, true/false);
opc.setFontDirectory("C:\\windows\\fonts");
opc.setEmbededFont(true/false);

but without any success...:-(. Am I missing some necessary configuration
step? I have been, also, debugging the designer hopping to find any
differences in the way I create a IRunAndRenderTask and the way the
designer do but without any success... I have also found this thread
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.birt/msg26200.html but I
don't know if it is the same issue I'm finding here...

Any hints, suggestions, workarounds are greatly appreciated...

Best,

Ernesto.

Este correo ha sido procesado por el antivirus del Grupo FCC.