[birt-news] Re: Export BIRT.product fails

Hi all,

I forgot to attach the two fails I mentioned in my last mail. Please find them attached in this mail.

Thanks.

-Rashid

On 1/27/07, Rashid Khan <rashidk3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I checked out BIRT 2.1.1_Release 20060729 source from CVS Repository. I have been able to run it successfully within eclipse without any errors. However, when I try to export BIRT.product using the Eclipse Product export wizard, it fails with an error (after proceeding for about 86%) saying to refer to the log files for details. When I go through the log files I find that some errors are reported in two files:

2. logs/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.sampledb.ui/ui.jar.bin.log (see attached)

I do not understand why eclipse does not complain about these errors when I run the application within eclipse, and somehow fails when I try to export. Any idea what I am missing here?

I have been trying to fix this error since two weeks now without any luck. I would really appreciate if any one guides me through this. It is critical for me to know how to build BIRT by exporting it as Eclipse Product, as I have to make some small changes to the BIRT source code.

Thanks in advance.

Rashid