[birt-news] Report Parameters are not updating when URL is modified.

Title: Report Parameters are not updating when URL is modified.

 ( Sorry if this is the wrong place for this message )

I've created a report which binds a URL parameter to a DataSet object. The first time the report is run, the SQL is executed properly with the value of parameter that was passed in the URL. All subsequent executions of the report, regardless of the value of the parameter in the URL, evaluate the the initial/first value which was passed in the URL.

I've included in a JSP file a line like:

        <% out.print( request.getParameter( "myParameter" ) %>

Which always prints out the correct value of the parameter.

I have also included a label in the report which has a definition in the Binding tab which binds the expresstion ' params.myParameter '  to the display value of the label.

The value shown in the report is correct the first time the report is run, but every subsequent execution, regardless of the value passed, always displays the first value.

This report was designed in Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.1.0.N20060628-1351 Build <20060628-1537> and the reporting engine is deployed under Tomcat 5.x.

Thanks

Back to the top