[birt-dev] JSON input

Hi,

My team has been using the open text birt. For few years, and we are working to get back into the open source version - now that the product is alive/active.

Looking for feedback on what is the thinking on consuming Jain data. Currently, we rely on complex xml object. Ideally, it will be great if the tools available for creating xml data set will also work. One way (which I am using) - we preprocess the json and generate XML using Python/perl.

I wonder if there are plans for “native” data connector, that will offer jsonpath as a tools to specify Jason data sets (similar to xmlpath used for xml). Another interesting option will be to integrate Java library, making it possible to perform complex lookup/filtering/transformations.

Yair.

Back to the top