Re: [birt-dev] Does anybody use or develop BIRT plugins?
  • From: Henning von Bargen <H.vonBargen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 07:51:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=t-p.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=t-p.com; dkim=pass header.d=t-p.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=xJPoqgVjuZEdL2riklgs3ycWjBNW1r8Nz8YD9Yw1nL4=; b=leCJ0+ix5MGxG8KL5dbaILCnloI5m3qNxeGvoqKOzd0tTUSeig8ODqogLzgKl08nAL9PgolACg6cuCWKbDC7fdaNYHDllowPlmulDym9VSYCTWrLLcA6fakzursyfIPOsFzkAEKRN5BiniM9g1GeX3YDbMQeSH/kt24cg0viDclJ5OXHpuaiBRnev+f9uAapzsDYhtCxA8fUGYb57gPT0EG2tSDQf1sE6/lVoGktUHHO45KO/OqLn4fUkOYVzxTvJzCqGAbTIrFz1j2oqjZbEGsXa5+InkAHu34LfFUcVJyP4ENsfKLPG67DafMEQNgv/FbWt8MyPWcLg/ABe9BS2g==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=ezO63CSQ9uT1JxyiO5vW9OweDo+xXba4reJHHDZTwjzn88B9WyJPtLfDv+EHssXXneeYCtDEtNNCNaQvpHttVv7j7YzQ320f3cQMSQaiRK69gt1d0L4JL0Uyz3y8IHMCteS4gcn9bbsBzVMhd/pHIuewyQmTsFVxc+MjHbUQQmGZ9XyePPj8MUbk0yFk6xm0/+iL8ni08M5ctXhQxoSdjmkd1DkDgV5kAV8g1AjEny+nK0RjcYpNx9jPVT4/ATioI8n4TodM4Zmdz7wuWk1vgW+oiV/mw7ptYvVs2z0pvsaxxQ+D9mtTi8oolSoJGfWssb9zG26xt5XgIdFpP9FZ5g==

>  I am sorry but I am not that adept a Java programmer to figure out how to do that.

You gave us the source files of the plugin and you say that you are not able to compile your plugin.

Unfortunately I am not able to compile and test your plugin, too.
To be honest, I probably would be able to do this,
but I am not going to spend several hours to figure out how to compile and use your plugin.

As Claes Rosell said in a comment to the PR, he thinks that we shouldn’t expect any problems caused by the PR,
so it seems we just can be optimistic here.

BTW How to test your plugin should be relatively simple:

You can download one of the artifacts from here:
https://github.com/eclipse-birt/birt/actions/runs/7462613882
e.g. the birt-report-designer-all-in-one for your OS.

Then you “install” it. What this means is depending on the artifact and OS.
For the birt-designer-all-in-one-win it just means unzipping it.

Then you should perform a minimal test of the installation,
Eg create a simple “hello world” report and run it.

Next, you install your plugin and test it - which means in your case:
Test if you can create PCL output with it, probably sending it to a PCL printer then and looking at the paper output.

These are the exact same steps which are necessary whenever you switch to a new BIRT release.

Kind regards
Henning von Bargen

Back to the top