Re: [birt-dev] Does anybody use or develop BIRT plugins?

Hey Doug,

Yes, that would be great.

Please file an issue at https://github.com/eclipse-birt/birt/issues

Cheers, Wim

On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 at 21:34, Doug Averch via birt-dev <birt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a PCL emitter enhancement would that work for you?

On Tue, Jan 9, 2024 at 6:17 AM Henning von Bargen via birt-dev <birt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there,

I’m working on improving parts of BIRT’s more or less internal code, see

https://github.com/eclipse-birt/birt/pull/1531

(This is meant for preparing JS script support for ExtendItems like RotatedText as a next step, but that’s a different topic).

What I did in PR 1531 was to add types to dozens of collections arguments and variables, e.g. List<WhatEver> instead of just List.

I guess that the only place where this could possibly have a negative impact is when using plugins.

So I’m asking:

Does anybody on the list develop or use custom plugins (except RotatedText) or knows someone who does?

It would be nice if anyone could test if the code changes from PR 1531 cause any problems for such plugins.

I don’t think this will be a problem, but it would be good if to be sure before merging.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Henning von Bargen

Triestram & Partner GmbH

Tel: +49 234 94375-14

Fax: +49 234 452206

h.vonbargen@xxxxxxx

www.t-p.com

Kohlenstr. 55

44795 Bochum

Geschäftsführung:

Dirk Zöllner

Beirat: Anselm Triestram
AG Bochum HRB 3090 - USt.-Id. DE127062063

Titel: Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter

Doug Averch (CTO & Owner)
U2logic, Inc.
daverch@xxxxxxxxxxx
303-946-5226 (cell & text)