[birt-dev] Release plan

Hi,

The next synchronization opportunity with Eclipse is 4.21 which is 2021-09-15

Do we think we are ready to provide a stable build that will run in 4.21?

I am still working on a big update [1][2] to get all code into the 21st century. This will not make it before this date.

* Use the latest libraries of all dependencies (e.g. jetty 10)
* Provide a clean developer experience (e.g. no errors when importing)
* Provide a project set to enable contributors to import all projects
* Use maven central where possible

I can now build this but tests are hopelessly failing.

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/birt/issues/628
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/birt/pull/640

Cheers,

Wim