Re: [birt-dev] First light

Good morning ! (for the ones in here in Europe;)

@Wim: great job ! Thanks !

For my part:

As I received no further comments on the internet pages, I started to design the home page

1.      With respects to Scotts remarks you’ll find About, Get started, and Docs in the middle of the home page. I Designed graphics for all three topics.

2.      I designed the main navigation bar

3.      New Logo für Birt. I think this is more speaking than an octagon. I hope that everybody agrees and that we can continue with the new one.

4.      The Github link is for me and will be removed in a final stage.

5.      I have adapted the footer so that it matches the rest.

Please give me a feedback if the design and texts are OK. If yes I will continue on this base for the rest of all pages.

@Wayne: Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) | projects.eclipse.org

1.      BIRT is under the EPL 1.0.  Shall this not be changed to 2.0.

2.      Is the latest release list correct?

3.      The sponsors should be updated. If you need our logo please let me know.

4.      Please replace the old logo with the new one.

5.      Who is taking care of all other pages: who’s involved, Governance, …?

@All: For the contributor, committer internet page I need the info you’d like to read on that page. If there are pictures, logos etc. you want to be integrated, please send them to me: chloetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I’d like to design a page with apps that use BIRT. I know about Actuate and Do you have hints which one I could take? I know

The Next page I’ll design will be the About page.

Best

Chris