Re: [birt-dev] BIRT Internet Page Mockup

Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I am sorry, I have not provided any feedback to date. I am going to take a stab and providing some feedback, please don't take offense, I am trying to squeeze this in between some critical deliverables.

I thought that the plan was that the BIRT project was just going to use the standard Eclipse project page, and then a standard Eclipse web page
I realize that there is a lot of variability in the above pages, but they seem to look a bit more Eclipse-like. The new page really doesn't have a very solid theme or feel to it. I know that the old pages were somewhat unique, but they had a better palette and use of icons/logos. At a minimum, we need the Eclipse Foundation Footers identifying this as an Eclipse project:
image.png

My other concern is that having been with the project when our page was non-standard, I am not sure that I want to have another non-standard page. I know nothing about docusaurus, what happened to using Hugo?  Will docusaurus integrate with all the rest of our code?

In terms of organization, I think less is more. Let's keep it fairly simple and then refer to the Eclipse.org BIRT wiki pages for any details.  I think we should try and make the page work with four basic categories:
  • Landing / About
  • Download
  • Community
  • Getting Started / Documentation
NOTE: I would like to think about how we handle the mention of Sponsors. I don't want to take away from all of the work that OpenText/Actuate has put into the project to date and I feel that they deserve a 'lead' sponsor position. After that, we can look at other companies that have contributed to the project.

Sorry, I can't put more time into this right now, but I will have a better look tonight.

Scott