Re: [birt-dev] Redistribution license

On 2016-09-20 09:07 AM, komala@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I was working on BIRT tool and i found it's good. Is there any way that i can change tool name, logo and so on for redistribution purpose. And also suggest me that is their any buying license to make these changes.

Eclipse BIRT is free and open source software that is distributed royalty-free under the terms of the Eclipse Software User Agreement[1].

We’re very happy when companies use our technologies for commercial purposes, and wish you the best with your project. If you have any further questions, please first check our licensing FAQ[2]. I would particularly refer you to questions #21, 25, 26, and 27. Since you are distributing Eclipse BIRT code as a product you also need to read the Guide to Legal Documents[3].

Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl/notice.php
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/eplfaq.php
[3] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/guidetolegaldoc.php

--