[birt-dev] Deploying Birt in WebMethods IntegrationServer

Hello,

We have deployed BIRT 4.3.2 runtime in our Webmethods Integration Server9.5 with the help of below documentation which we got in wiki.eclipse.org.

To deploy the BIRT Viewer application inside WM IS. Follow these steps:

  • Download the zip file with the BIRT report engine runtime. The file is named birt-runtime-version#.zip, in this example we download file – birt-runtime-2_1_1.zip http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/.
  • Unzip the file in a staging area (any work directory).
  • Start Integration Server if it is not already running.
  • Create new package under webMethods IS, for this example we create package name: BIRTTest. (For instructions on how to create WM packages refer to webMethods platform and webMethods Developer documentation.)
  • Set newly created package dependency to WmTomcat package, to make Tomcat libraries, jar files visible to BIRT.
  • Look under the birt-runtime-2_1_1 directory and locate the "Web Viewer Example" directory.
  • Copy the contents of Web Viewer Example directory to the web directory of your WM IS package BIRTTest. The directory path will look similar to this: <Integration Server>/packages/BIRTTest/web.
  • Copy additional files to the directory structure described in the BIRT Runtime Note below (iText, and iTextAsian). Earlier versions of BIRT 2.0.x also require (prototype.js). In BIRT runtime 2.1.1 prototype.js has been included into standard distribution.
  • Copy itext-1.3.jar to /BIRTTest/web/WEB-INF/platform/plugins/com.lowagie.itext/lib. Create lib directory if it does not exist.
  • Copy iTextAsian.jar to /BIRTTest/web/WEB-INF/platform/plugins/com.lowagie.itext/lib.
  • Create new directory <Integration Server>/packages/BIRTTest/web/styles/iv.
  • Look under the birt-runtime-2_1_1 directory and locate the "Web Viewer Example/webcontent/birt" directory and find directory styles.
  • Copy contents/files from directory birt-runtime-2_1_1/ Web Viewer Example/webcontent/birt/styles to WM directory <Integration Server>/packages/BIRTTest/web/styles/iv.
  • Stop, then restart Integration Server and ensure that WmTomcat and our BIRTTest packages has loaded successfully.
  • Display the Tomcat welcome page to check that it is deployed: http://localhost:5555/ and click on WmTomcat home page.
  • Display the BIRTTest welcome page application to check that the BIRT viewer is deployed: http://localhost:5555/web/BIRTTest.
  • A page confirming that the BIRT viewer has been installed should be displayed. Click on the link labeled "View Example" to confirm that your installation is working properly.
  • The example report will be shown by clicking on View Example. It may take some time for server and Tomcat to compile and set this sample report for the first time.

At this time user can create any reports using Eclipse IDE or webMethods Designer 7 tools and deploy them under webMethods Integration server.

Our Issue:

But when I click 'view example', then it display the following error,

Page cannot be found. Error 404

Is the above documentation works for BIRT4.3.2 on WebMethods9.5??
Please could you help us out.
Thank you very much.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreekar Dusa