Re: [birt-dev] Error in Excel Preview using BIRT all-in-one

Kyle:

Thanks for your valuable input. I already downloaded the extended emitters
and copy to my computers using the instructions below w/c I get from the
Internet search. However, I had some minor problems, the drop-down options
for XLS will no longer display in BIRT.

CESAR

To install:
===========
Dump it in the directory
ROOT\birt-rcp-report-designer\plugins\
org.uguess.birt.report.engine.emitter.xls_2.3.0.200807241457 with all its
contents and subfolders. In the main root directory
you will find the xls-emitter.jar. Do not copy this to the root directory
of the plugins directory - it will not work.

You'll also need to get the recommended POI jar
and dump it in the lib directory

i.e. plugins\
org.uguess.birt.report.engine.emitter.xls_2.3.0.200807241457\lib\
poi-3.1-FINAL-20080629.jar

You'll also need to rename or delete the original
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.excel_2.3.1.v20080917.jar

If you're using the All-In-One Version of BIRT an Eclipse Project
You do the exact same thing except you do these changes
in ECLIPSE_INSTALL\plugins folder