Re: [birt-dev] Word export creates Word-tables from BIRT-List

Hi,

thanks for your reply, I posted to enhancement requests. While posting these request I remebered another problem we faced while creating our reports: Is there a way to format some text in my report as word headings (heading 1, heading 2, and so on). For our reports, we prefer using these means to produce a consistent layout. Furthermore, this allows us using word "generate table of content" to produce such a table. I couldn't find a way to mark text in the birt report as a heading.

For us, we came around this by writing some #H1#, #H2# and so on into the report for defining the headers and afterwards running a little Visual Basic for Application macro, that makes regular word headings from this markup. But of cause we'd prefer to have this directly in the report. (eg. cause Office mac 2008 doesn't provide VBA support).

Is there a way to format text as heading in BIRT that I couldn't find? Or should I post another enhancement request?

-orgler