[birt-dev] Word export creates Word-tables from BIRT-List

Hi,

we're producing a quite long word-report using BIRT. That report consists of many List ReportItems, where some of these Lists are nested in the "Details" of another List. This is working fine so far, except for one annoying thing: When exporting to word-2003 wpml, each List gets a Table.In our context, this is quite ugly, since this makes it difficult to manually adjust the report. Is there a way to setup BIRT-WPML-Export in such a way that the content of a List is just printed as continuous text instead of a table? For grid I can see it isĀ usefulĀ to have them mapped to word-tables, but I don't think this is necessary for Lists, is it?

Just one more note: Is there a special reason for using word-2003-wpml for the export format? I understand you can't write the oldstyle-word for many reasons, but I'd prefer the 2007 docx-format, since for this xml-format there are import-plugins for older word versions. But I don't know if there's an easy way to produce such docx from within Java. In the dotNet-world, there is some SDK for building such documents, but I don't know if there are such things for Java.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

-orgler

Back to the top